Monday, April 16, 2007

The photographs below...

The photographs below are a project i took up at the beggining of the year. I've always been very interested in the ghost photographs from back in the day, hence this study of light and motion using a long exposure. Photography can be defined as painting with light. The reason for this is without light there is no exposure, and nothing for the grain or pixels to pick up. The ghost photographs gave this sort of unrealistic look because of the blur of the bodies during the open shutter. In essence I'm trying to reproduce this unrealistic vision of everyday life. Giving this light a sort of persona as it explores space and time during a 30 second exposure. Recently I've been trying to find a correlation with this light and the subject matter (i.e. the houses or patios i may shoot). I've come across a slide projector and have found its presence delightful. It is also a machine that produces contained light. And this would mostly correlate with this shot that is below this rambling paragraph. I'm intertwining the two forms of light using the diptic style in presenting my photographs. I believe that using this style I may be able to convey a more narrative idea where you the viewer may make many more assumptions of what the photograph is about...So I hope you've enjoyed the lights (theres still more to come). Now I present the "slide project".



Matt's Bathroom-2007

No comments: